Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Primeur 2009

Seems like the Bordeaux primeur  tasting in Oslo Operahouse is going to be a annual event. This was my second year. I tasted a lot less wines this year than the year before. However it is interesting to see that my preference has not changed. These are the most interesting wines form this years tasting:

Château Angélus
Château Coutet
Château Guiraud
Château Grand Puy Lacoste
Château  Montrose
Château Smith Haut Lafitte
Château Sudiuraut

When comparing them to last years tasting I gave them 9, 10 and 11s. Last year I did not buy any wine, I'm not going to do that mistake twice. I will post the price for the wines later as they become available.

Château  Montrose was the tastings most expensive wine. When I came they only had the 2009 vintage left. According to the rumors on-site it is going to cost 150€ per bottle. 2009 looks to be the best vintage since 2005, so it might be a good investment for those so inclined.

No comments: